Where: 918 Nolan #104, San Antonio, TX 78202
Who: You, other independent, mobile workers and creative professionals
What: Our brownbag topic this month is Remote Collaboration Tools for Business
The Firecat First Friday session this month happens next Friday, April 4. February's session was covered in the press, and we may have another special press guest this time, so come early. The networking and idea synergy are proving everything we hoped they would.
This month's brownbag session (11:30 - 1) will focus on remote collaboration tools, a natural follow-up to our February discussion of Social Networking Tools for Business. Firecat Studio's core team will show how we use 37Signals' BaseCamp suite of tools, interesting screensharing tools, and chat to accomplish design and production projects with our remote team.
- Our doors open for coworking at 9 am. Bring your laptop, cell phone, or pad and paper. We'll put the coffee on.
- At 11:30, we start the brown-bag session, Remote Collaboration Tools. with a topic agreed on and published in advance. This is a loose, show-and-tell type format. Bring something you want to share or just come to watch and listen to others who are passionate and knowledgable about the topic.
- Happy hour starts at 4 p.m.
- At 6 pm, the South Alamo area's First Friday events will be underway.
- Pitch-free zone. We do want to know what you do and why; it's part of the magic. But it's important not to kill the mojo.
- Yes, it's probably fine to bring someone else - please check with us first.
- Chip in for lunch, beverages and snacks or feel free to bring your own. We'll need to work this out so I can afford to host these sessions. I know I'm going to find it valuable; hope you do, too.
- Speak up if you have questions or problems; we can work it out.
- Behave yourself and don't steal other people's ideas, property or clients. As long as everyone operates in this spirit, we'll be fine. I reserve the right to decide who gets to stay.
I'm setting up a notification list, so drop us a line to opt yourself in to the Firecat First Fridays email list.
Feel free to post comments or email us ideas for future sessions. See you next Friday!