SxSW 2009 is accepting panel ideas, and I want your help identifying the right people to help me with THIS one: Designing in an ADHD Culture.
I think we need Thom Hartmann on the panel; he wrote a book on ADHD that basically said this is a cultural adaptation, not a disorder. Read the list of symptoms below and see if you're suffering from this disorder too. I've seen this ramp up like crazy in the past few years, and I attribute it to the barrage of info coming at us with increasing volume.
- Often making careless mistakes when having to work on uninteresting or difficult projects
- Often having difficulty keeping attention during work
- Often having difficulty concentrating on conversations
- Having trouble finishing projects that have already been started
- Often having difficulty organizing for the completion of tasks
- Avoiding or delaying in starting projects that require a lot of thought
- Often misplacing or having difficulty finding things at home or at work
- Often distracted by activity or noise
- Often having problems remembering appointments or obligations
Sound familiar? Who else shall we have on our panel?
Kathy Sierra, who knows to put one point on each slide and make her points with a mallet instead of a pixie stick.
Jane McGonigal, the goddess of games. She knows how to keep people engaged, interested, motivated.
Who else? You? Tell me what you think. Would you want to attend that panel?